1. Antique Rose Emporium Catalogue. Issued yearly. Around 100 pages. Great resource for antique roses. Great pictures and good information on the eventual size of these beauties.
2. Antique Roses for the South by William C. Welch. © 1990. Taylor Publishing Company. Hardback. 201 pages. The book on growing antique roses in the South. A complete guide. Don't miss it.
3. The Organic Rose Garden by Liz Druitt. © 1996. Taylor Publishing Company. Hardback. 210 pages. This is the best guide for disease-resistant roses and how to rose garden using an organic approach.
4. Ortho's All About Roses by Tommy Cairns. © 1999. OrthoBooks. Paperback. This is a great, inexpensive introduction to growing roses. It is not geared specifically for our area, but it contains very good pictures of many roses, with a guide to which ones do well in our climate zone.
5. Roses for Dummies, by Lance Walheim. © 2000. IDG Books. Paperback. 351 pages. This is an excellent introduction to most aspects of rose growing. It would make an excellent choice as your first book on roses. It is crammed with lots of information, which is presented in an easy-to-follow style. Highly recommended.
mail comments to email@example.com
[Go Back to My Rose Page]
[Go Back to My Garden Page]
[Go Back to My Home Page]