Tips for the Canon EOS Rebel T2i
by Donald Ray Burger
Attorney at Law
(1) Make sure a SDHC card is in the camera. (Double check by: a. hitting the Menu button; b. click far left icon; c. scroll down to "Release Shutter without card;" d. highlight it; e.Press set button; f. select Disable and hit set button again to confirm change.
(2) Be sure your SDHC card is formatted. a. insert SDHC card. I like 8 GB Class 10 cards. Fast, and not too big. b. press Menu and go to 4th icon from the right; c. use Cross Keys to highlight Format; d. use cross key to move to right to OK. e. press set key to format card.
(3) Make sue camera is set to RAW + JPEG. a. press Menu; b. use main dial to select far left icon; c. select "Quality;" d. use Cross Key to select RAW + JPEG.
(4) Select ISO setting. a. Activate camera by lightly pressing shutter release; b. press ISO button on top of camera; c. Use Main Dial to select ISO speed; d. Press ISO button again to confirm choice.
(5) Select Focus Point. a. Activate camera by lightly pressing shutter release; b. press focus selection button located in upper right of camera back; c. use Cross Keys to move focus point to center point; d. lightly press shutter release to confirm; e. press RH Cross Key to select ONE SHOT AF. Press Set button to confirm choice.
(6) Select correct White Balance for your light source. a. Activate camera by lightly pressing shutter release; b. select one of creative zone shooting modes (say P); c. press WB button on camera back; d.use Cross Keys to select proper WB; e. Press Set button to confirm choice.
(7) Adjust camera's diopter. a. rotate diopter knob until focus points are sharp for your vision.
(8) To override AutoFocus, slide switch at base of lens.
(9) Check number of seconds image is displayed under "Image Review." a. Select Menu; b. go to far left icon; c. using cross keys scroll down to Image Review;" d. press set button to select; e. select time and f. press set button to confirm.